Evaton Technologies

Design Services and Electronic Products

Forums

Forum Home > RF Nomad > DIY RF Nomad build

Steve

Hey! I have just completed a diy kit from Thonk, and trying to tune(calibrate) the thing to get a decent reception.

I did do the calibration as in the manual, but for L4 the loudest signal seems to be right at the end (fully clockwise), and when I set L5 to one turn from fully counter clockwise I seem to be rigth out of range of the propper reception (lower signal) and i seem to be in the 40m band range direction.

When I set L5 to fully counter clockwise, I seem to be around 10MHz, and about a quarter trurn clockwise gets the beginnig of the range to about 9.4MHz, and the tuning nob range seems to span about 0.1-0.15 MHz (not the 0.4 as per manual). There is also a strange click at about 3 o-clock on the tuning knob.

Is this the intenional behavure? (I know, I know,  it is a more of a noise source, but I like to know that my module is working as indended). 

Thanks!

Steve

January 22, 2018 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

acidbabe

Hello,

DIY kit from thonk. Same problem here. L4 is the loudest fully clockwise. Tuning knob has almost zero effect on signal. Cant find any band while turning L5.

Please advise...

Thanks!

acid

February 10, 2018 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.